At KidCheck, our focus is not just on helping with the security of the children in your care, but the security of data as well. We take the security of your information very seriously. It's a top priority, every day. On this page we'll cover some of the technologies and practices we’ve put in place to protect your identity and your information:
Here's what we do to protect your information:
- Regardless if you're creating your account, or checking in at a KidCheck facility, KidCheck always transmits information securely using 128bit data encryption. This prevents potential hackers from "tapping" a data conversation.
- Your login credentials are encrypted.
- Our servers are housed in a certified secure data center facility protected 24/7.
- We apply bank-level data security standards. This includes encryption, auditing, logging, backups, and safe-guarding data.
- KidCheck personnel have undergone state and federal background checks.
Here are some things you can do to help:
- Protect your computer's security.
- Keep your computer and browser software current with security updates.
- Install and update anti-virus and anti-spyware software and use personal firewalls to protect your computer.
- Be alert to the threats posed by malware--(malicious software) which can damage or disrupt your system, or secretly record information such as keystrokes;
- Do not enable automatic login to your KidCheck.com account or pre-fill the Login ID or password fields.
- Change your password periodically and avoid using passwords for KidCheck.com that you commonly use for other purposes.
Use your computer in a safe manner
- Do not share your Login ID and password with anyone.
- Check to make sure you are interacting with a secure Web site when logged in (https://...).
- Always log off after completing your activities on KidCheck.com.
- Be careful about using KidCheck on third-party computers or computers that you are not familiar with such as those in Internet cafés and be careful to ensure you have fully logged out.
Check out our Technical System Description to learn more about how we ensure your safety.