This statement applies to KidCheck’s products, services and websites worldwide (collectively, KidCheck’s “services”).
- KidCheck collects personal information when you register for a KidCheck service or otherwise voluntarily provide such information. We may combine personal information collected from you with information from other KidCheck services or third parties to provide a better user experience, including customizing content for you.
- KidCheck’s servers automatically record information when you visit our website or use some of our products, including the date and time of your request.
- We may use personal information to provide the services you’ve requested, including services that display customized content and advertising.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve KidCheck technologies and services.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties outside of KidCheck.
- We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- KidCheck processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and, may at our discretion, use servers located in other countries.
- We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible.
- We make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it, when reasonably possible.
For information about specific KidCheck services, please check out the KidCheck Help page.
If you have additional questions regarding your privacy and KidCheck, please contact us.
KidCheck adheres to the US Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement.
133 E 50th St
Boise, ID 83714 USA
Information we collect and how we use it
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a KidCheck Account or other KidCheck service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information. For certain services, we may also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other KidCheck services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information – When you access KidCheck services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends. These server logs may include information such as the date and time.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to KidCheck, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our services to users, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
KidCheck processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and may one day do so in other countries. In some cases, we may process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as a government agency.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. We will ask for your consent prior to any additional use of this information. We will also offer you an effective way to opt out.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some KidCheck features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case KidCheck may not be able to provide those services to you.
KidCheck only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of KidCheck in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of KidCheck, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to KidCheck employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use KidCheck services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information.
133 E 50th St
Boise, ID 83714 USA
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is KidCheck’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between KidCheck and an individual.
133 E 50th St
Boise, ID 83714 USA