KidCheck’s Top 10 Security Tips from 2014!
Safety is always top of mind here at KidCheck. In 2014, we shared an abundance of actionable tips and tricks through weekly social postings and the new podcast series “Protect the Nest”. Being a part of the KidCheck family means you have access to resources, guidance, and insights to assist you with using secure children’s check-in, and the benefits to create a safe environment for the children in your care.
Listed below are the 10 most popular Security Tips of 2014. Be safe!
1. Remember, you’re responsible for the child’s safety, not “That Difficult Parent!”
2. Work with your local police and fire departments, they’re a great resource to help identify potential risks, hazards and
threats in your area.
3. Volunteers are your first line of defense. Establish consistent screening policies to protect kids & reduce liability.
4. Review potential situations (arson, theft) with your insurance provider so you’re aware of what is and isn’t covered.
5. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”- Ben Franklin
6. Volunteer at your child’s school or other activities. Know who the people are who are interacting with your children.
7. Control the access to your building. Limit the number of entry points to your children’s area.
8. Create your security team, with volunteers experienced in law enforcement, healthcare, emergency response and military.
9. Remind parents to never write their child’s name on the outside of personal items.
10. Know where your shut off valve is for natural gas & water, as well as how to turn them off in case of emergency.
Click here to download a complimentary copy of “Improving Child Safety” best practice video and guide.