DirectSMS: Alerts, Emergency, More
KidCheck’s DirectSMS system allows you to send text messages to parents regardless of carrier.
Enabling Text Messages
When parents/workers create accounts in KidCheck, if they enter a mobile phone number and select the option to receive text messages, they will be able to receive text messages from:
- Admin Console (web and mobile versions)
- Check-in Screens (if Staff Attended mode enabled)
- People tab of go.kidcheck.com
- Broadcast Text Message tool
- Time Limit system
- Check-in/out Text Message Notifications
Note: Texting is one-way – parents are unable to respond to a text message.
Opting Out of Text Messages
The first text message parents/workers receive through KidCheck’s DirectSMS system will include an explanation of how and why they have been opted in. They can reply STOP to any message to opt out of receiving text messages.
Parents can opt out of Text Message Alerts:
- By replying STOP to any text message from KidCheck’s DirectSMS system
- Disabling texting via Preferences when logged in at go.kidcheck.com or Settings on the mobile app
Opting Back In to Text Messages
If a parent wants to opt back in to receiving Text Message Alerts he can log in to his account via go.kidcheck.com (go to Preferences) or the mobile app (go to Settings).