Loading & Cleaning the Dymo LabelWriter
How to load a new roll of labels into your Dymo LabelWriter
- Remove the label spool from inside the top cover and pull the spool guide from the spindle
- Hold the spool spindle in your left hand and place the label roll on the spindle so that the labels feed from underneath and the left edge of the label roll is firmly against the side of the spool
- Slide the spool guide onto the right side of the spool and press the guide tightly against the side of the label roll, leaving no gap between the roll and the spool. The label roll must fit snugly against both sides of the label spool with no gaps.
- Insert the label spool into the slot in the printer cover with the labels extending from underneath the roll
- Align the left edge of the label with the left edge of the label feed slot and insert the label into the slot
- The printer automatically feeds the label, stopping at the beginning of the first label.
- If the printer does not feed the labels, make sure the first label is fully inserted and then press the form-feed button.
- If the first label on the roll is not a full label, press the manual feed button to eject the partial label.
- Slide the label guide to the left until the label guide aligns with the right edge of the label. Make sure that the label guide does not pinch the label
- Lower the top cover
How to clean your label printer
- Wipe any dust or debris off the outside of the printer. If needed, you can clean dirt or smudges with rubbing alcohol, diluted dish detergent, or diluted glass cleaner.
- Open the cover and remove loaded labels by using the eject button on the right.
- Carefully clean any paper, dust, or debris from the interior with a toothbrush or cotton swab.
- Use a pad from the cleaning pad packet and insert it into the printer as if it were a label. Press the Manual Feed Button on the front of the printer to move the card through if it doesn’t feed automatically. Repeat several times.
- Discard the cleaning pad after use.
- Reload labels making sure they are face down with the hole on the left.