Youth Volunteer Check-in
Many churches and other childcare facilities can really benefit from enlisting the help of older children in serving as volunteers. With KidCheck, authorizing and checking in youth volunteers is quick, easy, and secure!
How to set up a youth volunteer:
*Note: The youth will first need to be listed as a child under their guardian’s account, and will need to have been checked in at your organzation at least one time previously. Then the KidCheck administrator will need to designate them as a volunteer. To do so:
- Go to the People tab within KidCheck
- Use the search box to find the youth (again, they will need to have been previously checked in to appear in your search results), and select the youth’s KidCheck account.
- On the Edit KidCheck Account settings pane, choose the Account Options tab, and select the Enable box for Worker Check-in, and select the desired Worker Type (for youth it will most likely be Volunteer)
- Choose Save Changes
The youth has now been added as a volunteer and is ready to be checked in the next time they serve.
How to check in a youth as a volunteer:
- At check-in, the authorized guardian will see a Workers section on their check-in page
- Under the Workers section, choose the youth volunteer you’d like to check in, and select the location where they will be serving
- Click Submit (other selected volunteers and children on the guardian’s account will also be checked in)