Billing: Add-Ons & Discounts
Add-Ons & Discounts allow you to charge for specific products while people check-in/out. You can sell anything from clothing to a class fee to charging hourly for facility use. Also see Check-In Passes for additional childcare billing options.
Note: At the moment, Add-Ons & Discounts are available on computer-stations only (not mobile/tablet stations) and only available on Premium, Campus, Business, and Business Unlimited Editions.
Start by enabling a merchant account. Then set up Add-Ons & Discounts and sell them during check-in/out.
Setting Up Your Merchant Account
- To start setting up your Authorize.Net account, navigate to System Settings > Merchant Account (on the left).
- Select the ‘Click here to get more information’ link in the section description and fill out the form. KidCheck will then contact you to continue the process/paperwork of setting up your merchant account.
- Once your merchant account is created (the paperwork process takes about a week), navigate to System Settings > Merchant Account (on the left).
- Enter the requested information from your merchant account and save the changes.
Alternatively, if you already have a Stripe or Authorize.Net account, you can simply add the appropriate keys and connect your account in KidCheck.
Create Add-Ons & Discounts
- Enable Add-Ons and Discounts via Settings or the Add-Ons & Discounts tab (the Settings tab allows you to choose whether to display Add-Ons during check-in, check-out, or both).
- Select the green Create New button.
- Complete the form to create the desired Add-On/Discount – this can be anything from a service to a physical item or whatever you happen to sell.
Note that Add-Ons can be charged by a specific amount (e.g $5) or at an hourly rate (e.g. $5/hr). Discounts can be a specific amount (e.g. $2), per hour (e.g. $2/hr), or a percentage (e.g. 15%).
Check-In: Using Add-Ons & Discounts
Depending on your settings, add-ons will display during check-in, check-out or both. (Adjust this in Settings >System Options > Billing Options.
- If add-ons apply to a template selected for check-in/out, the user will be taken to a Purchases page.
- On that page, select the desired add-on.
- If an add-on is assignable, select the person it applies to. (Add-ons not specifically assignable can optionally be assigned to a specific person as well.)
- Add any desired discount – once in the cart, discounts can be dragged to apply to a certain product/line-item or can apply to the entire cart.
- Users can also create any desired one-time add-on/discount on the fly.
- Once items are in cart as desired, select the Purchase & Complete Checkin/Checkout button to complete the purchase.
View Purchased Add-Ons
Once purchased, view Add-Ons associated with a specific child in the Admin Console. You can also view complete transaction history via the Billing > Transactions tab.