Setting up Guardian Text Messages
Primary Guardians are now able to have the control to allow their authorize guardians to receive text message notifications when a child is checked in/out. There are three different ways to enable this feature as a guardian and administrators for the organization.
To set up text message preferences for a guardian:
An Admin can do it for a parent via the People tab:
An administrator may also change these settings for a guardian. Locate the guardian in your People tab area. In their Account Details area, hover over the blue box with horizontal lines -> Edit Text Messaging. Here, notification options can be adjusted as necessary.
A parent can adjust text message preferences via our mobile app on their smartphone.
Alternately, parents can do it themselves via go.kidcheck.com:
- The guardian needs sign into their KidCheck account, and click the My Account tab
- In the Guardian section, locate the Text Message Notifications drop down menu.
- By clicking the check box for the specific child, it will enable notifications (for check in/out) for that guardian.
- The on-screen note will show up in Black if the Authorized Guardian has text message enabled.
- The on-screen note will show up in Red if the Authorized Guardian has text message disabled.
If the station is Staff Attended, the guardians can do it themselves: