ExpressHub 4 Setup
Note: While the ExpressHub 4 is the newest in the product line, if you are setting up a KidCheck PrintHub 3, instructions are found here.
- Remove the ExpressHub from the box and plug it into power.
- Wait for it load (it should take about a minute).
- Once on the Home screen (it says Complete Your Express Check-In Here), tap the gear-icon in the upper left.
- Input the configuration password included in the Quick Start Guide with the ExpressHub or found in your ExpressHub Settings page. (Once entered, you will be taken to the ExpressHub’s Dashboard.)
- Tap the box with 1 Internet to set up the ExpressHub on Wifi (if you plan to run it on Ethernet and have it plugged into an active Ethernet connection, you can skip this step). Once connected, you’ll return to the Dashboard screen.
- Tap the box with 2 Registration to register the ExpressHub to your organization. Upon successful registration you’ll return to the Dashboard screen.
- If you plan to use the ExpressHub for Express Check-In, tap 3 License to enable it to process Express Check-Ins. (If you do not have a license available, contact KidCheck to add one or log into go.kidcheck.com to deactivate a currently active license and transfer it to your ExpressHub.)
If at any point in the process you get lost or don’t know where to go, you can always tap the Dashboard button in the menu bar to return to the Dashboard.
The ExpressHub can be further configured and personalized. To further configure it, once logged into the ExpressHub, tap the Settings button in the menu bar. This area allows you to make a variety of customizations and find additional technical information.
Device Settings allow you to:
- Change the ExpressHub’s name (which is what guardians see when submitting Express Check-Ins and what you see in your license lists)
- Change the message seen on the ExpressHub’s Home screen
- Adjust power-saving and inactivity settings
- Change the configuration password
The Printers area allows you re-name any printer attached to the ExpressHub. It also allows you to print a test label to any attached printer.
Registration displays the organization the ExpressHub is currently registered to. If it’s not currently registered, it allows you to register it to an organization.
Licensing allows you to enable the ExpressHub to process Express Check-Ins. (If you do not have a license available, contact KidCheck to add one or log into go.kidcheck.com to deactivate a currently active license and transfer it to your ExpressHub.)
Diagnostic Info displays technical information such as MAC addresses, network information, and information regarding connection to KidCheck’s servers.
Factory Reset returns the ExpressHub back to factory settings – as if it were pulled out of the box for the first time.