10 KidCheck Customer Helpful Hints
Thanks for being a part of the KidCheck family. Here are ten helpful hints regarding some of the most common customer questions.
Our goal with support is to provide a live, friendly, knowledgeable human on the other end of the line six days a week, including Sunday morning. Support calls don’t have time caps, and we are happy to help for as long as possible to resolve.
We also provide relevant, easy-to-understand, self-service information within your KidCheck account and online in the Support & Training Center, including product assistance, rollout materials, step-by-step guides on getting started, or optimizing your mobile children’s check-in solution.
Here are ten helpful hints to help you get the most out of KidCheck.
- To avoid locked accounts, set up each person using KidCheck as a “check-in” worker, so they have their own login information. When login information is shared, security is compromised, and passwords are often forgotten, resulting in frustration and locked accounts.
- When resetting your PrintHub or ExpressHub, pull the power and printer cables from the device for at least 45 seconds. This helps to reset the equipment, which can assist in a quicker reinstallation or fix any application errors.
- Explore your KidCheck system settings tab to understand what capabilities are available and what you can customize to fit your organization’s needs.
- You don’t need a license, check-in station, or browser for a real-time at-a-glance view of a roster list of the currently checked-in children. Instead, use the KidCheck admin console app, which can be downloaded from the app store onto your smartphone or tablet.
- Set all your check-in devices, such as computers, smartphones, iPad, and tablets, to receive automatic operating system updates. This will ensure you always have the latest software and bug fixes.
- Make sure guardians and staff members create their KidCheck login account with a personal user ID and password. This will encourage account ownership for all and help set up staff with the correct worker and security role assignments.
- If you are taking over a KidCheck account from another administrator, have them add you as soon as possible as the new administrator. This will help eliminate any potential challenges and provide a clean start. Also, as a new administrator, contact us for free training. We’re happy to schedule a time to help you get familiar with KidCheck.
- For the best possible check-in experience, ensure your computer system meets the modest requirements KidCheck recommends.
- To properly connect the Brother QL-800 to KidCheck, make sure the Editor Lite button is off.
- To easily receive photo permissions, utilize check-in surveys to capture guardian approvals right at check-in or offer a customized End User License Agreement that can be shown once or every time check-in occurs.
Click here to learn more about using secure children’s check-in for your children’s area, or join us online. We can be found on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, or subscribe to the KidCheck Blog.